Lawrence is the Founder and Chief Technology Officer of 3E Accounting Group. He is a Chartered Accountant with regional experience in the field of corporate services, taxation services, GST services, auditing services, financial due diligence, business and technology advisory and the digital economy as listed:
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“FCCA”)
- Chartered Accountant of Singapore (CA (Singapore)) of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (“ISCA”)
- Chartered Accountants Worldwide (“CAW”) Network Member
- Member of INSOL International
- Accredited Tax Practitioner (GST) of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (“SCTP”)
- Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax) of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (“SCTP”)
- Chartered Accountant of Malaysia (“CA (Malaysia)”)
- Member of CPA Australia (“CPA (Aust.)”)
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant (“ASEAN CPA”)
- Ordinary Member of the Malaysia Institute of Human Resource Management (“MMIHRM”)
- Professional Member of Singapore Human Resources Institute (“SHRI”)
- IHRP Senior Professional (IHRP-SP)
- Certificate of Employment Intermediaries (“CEI”) for Key Appointment Holders (“KAH”)
- Affiliate of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (“SAICS”)
- Ordinary Member of Singapore Institute of Directors (“MSID”).
- Xero’s Certified Advisor
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Professional Certified Marketer PCM® Digital Marketing
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional (DMI)
- Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore)
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Search Certification
Since the founding of 3E Accounting in 2011, Lawrence has built up a core team of highly experienced professionals with extensive experience in financial, tax, corporate, advisory and regulatory regimes. To date, 3E Accounting has served a client-base of over 4,000 companies and start-ups.
Lawrence championed the establishment of 3E Accounting International that aimed to offer services beyond excellence through a well-connected global accounting network. Today, it is the largest home-grown global accounting network with an international presence in more than 80 countries worldwide. 3E Accounting International was established with a strong professional background, good knowledge within their local jurisdiction and trusted experience in handling clients internationally.
Having established 3E Accounting as the largest home-grown global accounting network, Lawrence is channelling his passion in innovation and technology to design and develop cutting-edge automated solutions that will re-engineer traditional business processes as Singapore moves towards a Smart Nation. In support of the Professional Services Industry Transformation Map (ITM), Lawrence set up the Digital Research and Development team in 3E Accounting and is leading the team to formulate the Digital Master Plan to map out the digital transformation of the business, focusing on the new growth areas in robotic process automation (RPA), Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI). With these advanced applications, Lawrence will deliver customized business advisory and cloud-based solutions to give clients that digital advantage and significant competitive edge.
The COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 has brought about an unprecedented global economic crisis not seen for generations. But it has presented untapped business opportunities for entrepreneurs like Lawrence who nurtures a start-up mindset of nimbleness, flexibility and innovation.
In an increasingly fast-paced and uncertain business environment, this start-up mindset has enabled 3E Accounting Group to grow from strength to strength, and be at the forefront of the industrial revolution, differentiating ourselves from industry peers and maintaining a competitive advantage, as well as creating and being ready to seize new opportunities.
Clients’ satisfaction and success remain as 3E Accounting Group’s key focus. In setting up the Digital Research and Development team, Lawrence has effectively anticipated changing client needs and service gaps brought about by Industry 4.0. The pioneer in-house team has developed several firsts, a Financial Statement robot, and next-gen bookkeeping robot project in partnership with the Singapore Institute of Technology.
As 3E Accounting Group celebrates our 10th anniversary, we are proud to be recognized as the pioneer disruptor in the Accounting and Professional Services Industry as Asia-Pacific’s first SME Robotics Accounting firm.
On 1 January 2021, 3E Accounting formed its Artificial Intelligence (AI) Committee to work towards achieving its ambitions of becoming a full-fledged AI Accounting Firm by 2025. This represents the determination by Founder and Chief Technology Officer Lawrence Chai to adapt, strategise, pivot and re-strategise to meet market trends and stay ahead of the competition.
In the days ahead, 3E Accounting Group will continue charting our growth across new services, products and geographical markets, as Lawrence stays true to maintaining a start-up mindset of nimbleness, flexibility and innovation.